Pictorial Prose

Pictorial Prose
Indulging my most lucid daydreams

Sunday, August 07, 2022

Monet


I held my pillow tightly 

and I whispered your name,

as if you could hear me 

like the forest hears the rain. 


It all seemed quite magical

in a simplistic kind of way.

as I closed my eyes once more

and sent my kisses on their way. 

 

The smile replaced the tears

as the memories are in play,

I thought of the time we shared

like a canvas of a rare Monet. 



~

Blue skies and stars bright

I can't seem to sleep tonight,

wishing and wanting just one

moment to hold you here. 


Time is quickly passing 

you won't find me laughing, 

tear drops like rain falls 

with you I'd have it all. 


Distance we're far apart

but still, you have my heart. 

Nothing will change that

that is a matter of fact.


Whispers to the angels above

please send him my love,

let him know I care and 

what I'd do for one more day 

to share. 

~


I am wide awake 

can't seem to fall asleep, 

all I have are memories

that I live on in a dream.


Every single thought

each vision that passes through

all have one thing in common

they filled with my love for you.


~


No comments: