Pictorial Prose

Pictorial Prose
Indulging my most lucid daydreams

Thursday, March 14, 2024

Grasp

 These lingering emotions 

appear in my dreams, 

as if you are there and 

still haunting me.


In my dream it was just a game

that two people play, 

and I loved every silly moment,

that's locked in my mine. 


My emotions have gone wild,

filled with your energy.

Cross fear and contentment

in a full range of disbelief.







 


~

Time brings an awareness,

to see life differently, 

it all makes a whole lot of sense, 

separating reality from dreams.


Some people use the moment

and others play the fool, 

when casting the players 

there is no certain rules. 


It might be just a page

in a chapter of life's book,

but it leaves within an imprint

like a copy of a scrapbook.


Is it baggage we take with us

or a story to leave behind?

Maybe it's just lessons 

that through the soul entwines.


The chill causes a quiver

one that we can't shake,

reminders of a lifetime

and a mountain of  mistakes.


From early on we find 

the flaws of humanity,

and the simple hunger

that brings us to our knees.


The universe reveals

how minute we are, 

not much different than 

the wild animals at heart. 


Gathering like Chipmunks

hanging on to the past,

the further we move ahead

the stronger it's grasp.

No comments: