Pictorial Prose

Pictorial Prose
Indulging my most lucid daydreams

Friday, March 08, 2024

Impossible

 Impossible dreams as 

only in the night are you mine, 

I wake up each morning and

I face the solitude of time. 


I wanted to believe it so

that your arms were for only me,

but I realized a little bit late 

that I was never on your mind. 


The sequence of the story 

jumped through a chapter or two,

still blurred by the heartache 

a decade of love has passed through.


Maybe a lesson for fools

who believe that we can have it all,

but the truth lay down before us 

with a reminder of the limits that

once had me in awl.


I settled for the impossible 

even if it's only in my dreams,

there is where I'll find you 

based on my memories. 


~


The treasure is when I first met you 

it gave me the power to believe in the heavens blue, 

from the moment I experienced all that could be, 

I fell asleep in a life long dream. 



No comments: