Pictorial Prose

Pictorial Prose
Indulging my most lucid daydreams

Thursday, October 23, 2014

Close Your Eyes and I'll Kiss You

When you think of all the great poets and song writers, you wonder how many combinations are left unwritten. It is not so much a challenge but the writing of ones heart. The Beatles wrote a lot of songs, many of them romantic, uplifting such as "close your eyes and I'll kiss you, tomorrow I'll miss you, " So here goes once more , love through the view of my heart.


One with the trees,
a rainbow beneath my feet
while Autumn is shining as
the wind swirls around the leaves.

No distance between us,
you are next to me,
I felt you take my hand
and lift me from my knee.

Days into years
and the years eternity,
as I gaze into my own heart
to see the power of a dream.

Two souls entwined into one,
a vision of happiness and a story of love.
From the moment I wake up till I fall asleep,
it is you who holds me so tenderly.

Let the truth be known,
there is only you and I.
We are the love that
will last for all time.

Close your eyes and I am there,
it is our love we have to share.
From season to season
from spring through the winter snow.

Rivers through the mountains,
and the road through the trees,
somehow they always lead
you to me and me to you.



~
Tears hold the memories,
the story of love and
as they role down my cheek,
they wash away the sun.

Weep for yesterday
and the tomorrows yet to come,
each tear an expression
of the power of love.

No comments: