Pictorial Prose

Pictorial Prose
Indulging my most lucid daydreams

Saturday, January 17, 2015

Reflection of the Heart

Snow over the hills,
a blanket now in white,
crystals flakes are shining
a chapter written in the night.

The season is quickly passing,
faster  and faster with each day
and yet the memories we have
clearly never fade away.

~
I came to terms
with my yesterdays,
some of sorrow
no longer have a place.

Tomorrow is waiting and
I stand at its front door,
knowing fully I have
no idea what's in store.
~

The fondest memories
are to comfort my soul
on a journey in passing
it is your love that I hold.

I close my eyes each night
and I lay in your arms,
listening to your heart beat
under the heavens stars.

The dreams forever bridge
your heart to mine,
as close as my pillow
that I hold in the night.
 ~
Your love my sunshine which
warms me through and through.
I waken to it each morning
with a smile that reveals sky of
blue.

There is nothing in the world,
that can take you from me,
you are my greatest love,
my every  nightly dream.

~
Mirrored through the mountains
and this is what I see,
the reflection of the heart
in rivers,hills and streams.

The seasons record the memories
and document them well
as they flood to the surface
from a never ending well.

~

I took my fondest memory
and I held it very close,
dancing in the darkness
with a love that still grows.

No tears in these eyes,
just a smile on my face
as the recorded memories
can never be replaced.











No comments: