Pictorial Prose

Pictorial Prose
Indulging my most lucid daydreams

Thursday, July 05, 2018

Forever

There is something about having a busy day out. It seems as if I gather energy like a sponge that last for several days.  From not wanting to do the market in 100  F temperatures to having lunch with Kay, Lex and Mike to cleaning out cages and taking a ride to the farm for more hens. I ended the day with fireworks with William and his friend Amanda. I felt like a senior citizen for sure as they chauffeured me around.
I worked a bit in the gardens and took care of the chickens . I went down to the stream to take a dip in the cool water. For a moment in time it was paradise as the water rushed over my feet. The surrounding trees encircling like a fence. It is a rather quiet morning , even the birds have taken a break from singing.
 My mind bounces back and fourth like a ping pong ball. There was a feeling of accomplishment and a sense of calm. It is true that we can't change the world or the circumstances with which we are sometimes confronted. Like looking out a window this moment in time came with its own rewards. The water splashing up against me broke my thought process and I sat on the rocks my feet still in the water and looked at how clear the water was and how amazing it was to see the fish scatter. Life is like that the more you do the clearer it becomes.
There was coal on the edge of the embankment most likely left over from when the Coal mines flourished in the town of Mather. After doing the family tree and finding my Great, great grandfather had worked this mine and that my mother had actually stayed in the house that I live when it was once a hunting cabin for the miner made it seem less distant. Maybe I thought life is a bit of fate, chance and choice.





Water racing down the stream,
gathering momentum with its flow,
heading towards the river
that's the way the current goes.

I thought I'd sail a kiss or two
would it reach you in time?
as a reminder of the love
that is shared by you and I.

Taking back up precautions
I took it to the song bird,
if you are migrating north
take my love with you.

Sing in the morning,
like a whisper of spring
and whistle a  love tune
to ignite his memory.

I spun around in circles
as if you were in my arms,
knowing very well that
you are always in my heart.

~
               My hand to the heavens,
               my heart there with you,
               on the clouds in the sky
               up above the blue.

               Happiness within me,
               surfaced from inside,
               like the sun in the morning
               rises to find its place in time.









No comments: