Pictorial Prose

Pictorial Prose
Indulging my most lucid daydreams

Monday, July 16, 2018

The Soul's Embrace

                        Touch the heart, embrace the soul, lift my spirit...as dreams unfold. 


There is a stillness in the hollow,
as the birds no longer sing and 
the wind makes no appearance
of the storms last passing. 

The sky takes on a powder blue
like a blanket high in the air,
as a reminder of the love
you and I have yet to share.

My heart knows the connection
beyond the river and the sea,
that joined without apprehension
to unite soul to soul for eternity.


~
I whispered to the wind
"which direction will you go?"
and the wind responded
" only one way shall I blow"

" Take my love and to his lips
leave upon them my tender kiss"
The wind responded with a subtle breeze
" I will send your love, if it shall please."

The seconds pass and the hours fade
and the touch of love still remains.
Deeper and deeper within my very heart
where love grew and got its start.

One tears swells and surely falls
as the ache within says it all,
to feel the warmth of your tender touch
and taste the sweetness of your pure love.

I stopped, I glanced as if in a dream
the mere thought of you brought joy to me,
the merriment within my heart
brought your happiness from afar.

Call it magic or special indeed
that lifts my spirit from its knee,
brightens my very day and guides
by love in its own way.

I whispered to the wind 
"which direction will you go?"
and the wind responded 
" only one way shall I blow"






No comments: