Pictorial Prose

Pictorial Prose
Indulging my most lucid daydreams

Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Forevermore

One of the first questions you are asked as a child or a teenager is " what do you like?" Some people seem to know that from the very beginning and they say " when I grow up I wanna be..." I couldn't really single it out to one or even a few things. The answer that always came to mind was " Life" Of course with life your granted the opportunity to and experience more . My list of likes is way longer than my list of dislikes. I know I am not excited about car races never really enjoyed watching a car go around the track. The children wanted to attend a demolishing derby and. I can honestly say it was not a thrill watching the smashing up of cars. Maybe that is why nature is high on my list. as it is always grateful, you take care of all the things in nature and it takes care of you.
Made me thing of how many times I told the children to feed the chickens. You would thought it was the worst chore in the world. But as I sat and watched my hens bathe in the sun , run the yard and go about their business of leaving me the morning eggs. I thought well yeah my children missed out on the joy. It is life and anything that is a part of life brings a certain amount of joy. Life is only work if you think of it as work. I prefer to think of life as chapters of experience.


I love to watch a butterfly sipping nectar
and the birds building a nest in the trees,
I love the way you make me smile and
touch my heart like the wind through
the trees.

I love the sound of the water over rocks
as the streams races to the river wide,
I love the joy you bring into my life
like a star shining brightly over me.

I love to watch the flowers grow
and bloom in colors of a rainbow,
I love the magic of your touch
an embrace that only lovers know.

I love to listen to the blue birds
as they chirp their little tune,
I love to hear the words " I love you"
and repeat them back to you.

I love feel of soft cotton
cool and dry against the skin,
I love the feel of your being
as I dream you laying next to me.

I love the rising of the sun
as it celebrates a new day,
I love the way you make me feel
like a teenager on her first date.

I love the sand between my toes
strolling on the ocean shore,
I love the images created
when I visualize our forevermore.



No comments: