Pictorial Prose

Pictorial Prose
Indulging my most lucid daydreams

Friday, March 27, 2020

In the Rain

The old saying "  a busy mind is a healthy mind." As spring approached, the weather warmed and the world still in chaos I found the need to keep busy. There is something peaceful and calming about the soil through your fingers. I was never one for wearing gloves when gardening, as if you miss a part of the experience. Maybe that is the child in me who remembers making mud pies in the backyard.
Turning over the soil and preparing it for potatoes took me a million miles away from the media insanity. Gardeners the optimist of the world, through the unexpected they count on their plants to grow and provide.
The air a little cooler than yesterday but still refreshing. I lay across my bed and watch as the window curtains dance in the wind. Trees beginning to bud and deer munching at the shrubs for a moment all was as it should be. I find that you are so close and so far . One world together and one world apart. I gazed up at the clouds knowing the clouds passing by would soon be passing by you. Nature magical in its own way by making the impossible possible. I blew kisses and placed my love upon the clouds so that you may find them raining down upon you.
I have been known to be to much of a thinker, daydreamer but in all reality no matter our distance we play a huge part in each others lives. I know that you have held my hand, embraces me in the night, cared for me and loved me as I have done with you. That is true magic , I am  with you and as the rain falls I'll be dancing in the rain with you. Whoops watch my toes...





No comments: