Pictorial Prose

Pictorial Prose
Indulging my most lucid daydreams

Thursday, March 05, 2020

Our Love

I was outside with the unusual warm weather for the first week of march and there in the garden were the first of the spring flowers in bloom. The amazing little crocus peeking out at the morning sun. Gardening teaches you to be the optimist and in the face of the unknown to keep positive and marching forward. Though snow may still find its way in early spring and the weather may be indeed fickle, the little signs of life remind us that we are alive, here in the present. Each breath we take is the ultimate gift of life and with your love the true gift wrap. As each poem that is written, they all consist of my heart and yours witnessed by the soul. My fingers go about typing the declaration of our love, eternal and truly everlasting. One word, one day and one lifetime, that is the story of our love.


The sun is brighter
as the flowers begin to bloom,
and I find myself daydreaming
of a sweet day with you.

Your arms to hold me
in the way that you do,
through the dreams
under skies of blue.

Each day is a celebration
of the joy we share,
when you took the time
to show how much you care.


-
Some need to hear the words
as the declaration of love,
but our unique connection
was sent down from above.

Magical as the heavens can be
they brought your kindness to me.
Placed you in my life in this most amazing way,
one that reveals more with each passing day.

I feel your sweet love
morning, noon and night,
it's the joy that lifts my spirit
and brings my soul to life.

Some need to be reminded
of how wonderful love can be,
but for me it's very different
as you are a part of me.

You're my sunshine
on dark and grey days,
the song sung sweetly
that sweeps silence away.

The very beat of my heart
that celebrates us two,
from the very first moment
your love came shining thru.







No comments: