Pictorial Prose

Pictorial Prose
Indulging my most lucid daydreams

Wednesday, September 16, 2020

Once Upon A Dream

 I was reluctant to believe it

or know it could be true, 

until my heart met with yours 

and the sky took on a different hue. 


It removed the days of sadness

no sorrow would there be, 

as a smile surfaced at the 

thought of you holding me.


The weather a reminder

of another season gone by, 

as the chill of the autumn night

has me quivering from inside.


I am not counting the moments

that you and I have shared, 

for they are endless days 

revealing how much you care.


Some accredit the actions 

over the words of love, 

but I know they are equally

a gift from the heavens above.


Your smile can be seen 

even though my eyes are closed

and I can feel your love 

as through my soul it flows. 


~

The leaves were falling

some already no longer green,

as I sat amongst the hills 

watching a changing scene.


Tomorrows unwritten chapter

begins with each day anew, 

as I reach out for your hand

to see each page of life thru. 

~


If I could rewrite the story

I would have met you long ago, 

when I was only nineteen 

and together we would grow. 


The Lord had other plans

for he knows more our needs,

as he sent you to me when

I was running out of dreams. 

~

No comments: