Pictorial Prose

Pictorial Prose
Indulging my most lucid daydreams

Friday, July 06, 2007

The First

There is something special about the first time. Everyone has memories of the first secret crush, that first incredible kiss, the first dance, the first time your heart beat so fast that you thought it could jump out of your chest, and even the first time you knew what real love was. There are so many first times, that as long as you are living life, you are experiencing a new first, the first walk in the park, the first sound of laughter shared, the first time your heart was touched like never before, the first time you knew what a soul mate was.
I looked back over the years with fondness, there were some incredible first times. The first time you caught my tears, gently wiped them from my soul and replaced them with the warmth of a thousand suns. I watched in the garden as before my eyes the roses petals opened expanding their outreach and taking in the moment of the day. Each rose like a day sharing in its blooms.
I felt this incredible calm, it was the music, the peaceful atmosphere and the warm summer night that placed a blanket of comfort over me. The beautiful memories that flood from my heart, as eloquent as that first day that they were recorded by the soul through the mind to rest
within.
I saw no yesterday nor tomorrow, for I was standing in the middle of the current moment and with eyes closed, I envisioned our world, where love graces every second with the magic so strong that I could almost feel your body centered around me. My lips pressed against yours and two hearts in unison beating rapidly.
The most wonderful first is the first time you held my hand allowed my head to rest upon shoulder and walked beside me beyond the mountains, beyond the chains that held me for so many years.
~
To appreciate a first you must set your soul free and all that you will experience is more then a dream.
~~
As long as we wake to each new day, we will experience a new first.The first time you believed in me, the first time I knew you cared, the first time you told me you......

~
With experience comes a wider understanding of what is Love....for love is the strength that walks up through darkness and leads up to the light.

3 comments:

bEAST said...

For once, you commented on my post that I see things from a mans point of view. Well, today I get to say this about you, that you see things from a womans point of view! :) lolz

I dont know as to who said this, but I think it is quite famous; "A woman never forgets her first love, and a man cant forget his last love"

Now with that, we are even. Lolz

Rachel C Miller said...

Ok so maybe...lol it was a little sexist of me, as opinions on life are as unique as each individual, with only similarities in the most common of approach to emotion.

bEAST said...

This conversation went further on blog...

Rachel C Miller said...

lol Thanks for commenting and pointing out that my statement might have been some what sexist. One thing that is clear with the more people that I have met. We all have various stories, opinions and each with its only very unique title, but with that difference comes one similarity they all touch on the same emotions,love, hate, happiness and sadness, etc.
My definition of the first, is a tomorrow waiting to happen. So if you look at the first as only in the past then indeed the statement that women think of their first love and men of their last. With that let me state that there are many kinds of love for many kinds of people, but that I reference a romance of souls. We are even? The race is on and the stars the finish line...... or the beginning ... a first? for if it is to be your last , then you have stopped living. keep smiling!!!!!!!
10:34 AM, July 07, 2007


bEAST said...

@Rachel,
As always, I have much to learn from people like you! Your definition of FIRST, very beautiful. I think i shall remember it for quite a long time. A totally new way of seeing things. You have to be in love to come up with such beautiful way of seeing things. Great! Thanks for sharing the insight!