Pictorial Prose

Pictorial Prose
Indulging my most lucid daydreams

Monday, October 06, 2008

...drive down the road with me.

Though the morning is introduced with a brisk cool air creating a seasonal chill , the afternoon warmed up to become a pleasant autumn day. Driving down the road the moment seemed almost perfect, except for the fact that the seat was empty beside me. The sun lit the sky so that the blue of the heavens appeared with an almost iridescent quality, so much so that the sky framed the hills in a surreal image which stood still like a glass painting on a wall. The early frost from the night before encouraged the leaves of the trees to stand in display with the most beautiful of colors. Calm behind the wheel of the car, I felt as if the road before me was magnetized and pulling me forward. Perfection, this was perfection, nothing compared to the scene, to the feeling of tranquility that can only be found in the hills of Greene. My desire to share in the splendor of the surrounding mountains found me lost in the moment as I gazed off into the sky, wondering where you were and what you were doing. There was no emerging of yesterday and tomorrow, all that appeared was what came with the moment. Feel the sun against your face, warm and bright, it holds in the rays, the spirit of my love, allow the wind to take your hand and dance as your soul partners with mine upon the clouds. Dream as only lovers dream in the beauty of the moment where the bonding of hearts can be found displayed in all that surrounds us.

No comments: