Pictorial Prose

Pictorial Prose
Indulging my most lucid daydreams

Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Happy Thanksgiving



















My Dearest Love

It is the image of a Rockwell painting that occasionally stirs thoughts of what or who we don't have in our life. It is the tradition of watching the movie " It's a wonderful life" that reminds us of those who have touched us and those whom we have touched in this life. The part of the movie where it says "every time a bell rings and angel gets its wings." is again a reminder of how important you are in my life, indeed an angel.  I am ever grateful today, tomorrow and for the years to come.  Whether it is the sharing of a moment, the way in which you care or the smiles that surface I am forever in your gratitude.
It is easy to look at life and see the negative. We are bombarded with it everyday, the newspaper, the internet and all forms of media want to remind us that evil lurks in all corners of the world. While I was working over the weekend at a charity event, I listened as many people shared in their stories both positive and negative and it again was a reminder that everyone has trials and triumphs throughout their life. Some of us a little more than others.
I woke in the morning to find a small fruit basket on the porch, left by the children of our local church. Again it occurred how large the network in which we are intertwined. Small gestures that make a difference in our lives.
Trying to find the beauty in the drape of darkness winter stretches over us, my thoughts return to you. crazy that I can laugh and cry in the same breath.  Though not tears of sadness but emotional never the less.
I was reminded several times this week about the difference between what we want and need. That in itself made me happy to celebrate the holiday with family.  Occasionally I purchase a want rather than a need. Sometimes it has nothing to do with the present but to feel in the gaps in a chapter of my childhood as if you could rewrite a chapter.
Image result for happy thanksgiving rockwell paintingGazing out the window at the trees standing bare and finding the beauty in a not so necessarily lovely season. We have made it to another day. I close my eyes and I can feel your presence. The Corinthians 13:13  13And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love. The passage written thousands of years ago still holds true today. With love we can do anything, be anything, be everything. The smile surfaces as I think of my love for you. I am filled with happiness , warmth and your love. Heading into the kitchen to take my vitamins. We gotta live to see the sunrise. Reaches out holds your hand and whispers I love you. 

No comments: