Pictorial Prose

Pictorial Prose
Indulging my most lucid daydreams

Thursday, June 18, 2020

Certain

I am certain it's love
that shines down upon us,
I am sure this feeling I have
for you is magical and true.

I close my eyes and I can see
the way the heart meant it to be,
embracing souls at a distance
while I set about in a dream.

From my lips to yours a kiss
and from my heart a memory,
as is turns the page on tomorrow
giving each day the power of spring

This much I can tell you
what I feel is certainly real,
with each breath I take
you make my heart stand still.

The sun never shined so bright
and the rain never felt so good,
as I bathe quickly in the notion
that my soul is understood.

My needs are not that much different
and my spirit claims the fire,
from your heart a deep and loving warmth
growing a blaze with each passing hour.

No comments: