Pictorial Prose

Pictorial Prose
Indulging my most lucid daydreams

Tuesday, October 13, 2020

Always and Forever

 When my children left to go off to Kindergarten. The first lesson I remember them learning " life is not fair" and I responded to them with" no one ever said it would be." Than my dearest friend Nancy who said" I wish we were the same age so we could have grown old together. " Which takes me to my grandmother who always manage to keep a smile on her face through the loss of family and friends. I clearly remember thinking how difficult it must have been for her and yet she never complained. Strangely as I have grown older I now understand the loss and void that she had felt through the loss of  my own family and friends. I must be an over emotional person as I have filled my share of tear filled buckets. Nancy was much older than me and surely much wiser and she said " when God closes a door , he opens a window".  I am glad that you were outside that window. Takes your hand pulls you close and gives you a kiss. 

While at the bank today I picked up a calendar and amazing it was for the new year 2021. How fast time has gone by . I remember your first xo and now years have passed. If wishes came true, I would freeze time while laying in your arms. 


Season upon season

chapters of a tale, 

where two souls 

like warm butter meld. 


Right outside my window

a heartbeat away, 

your love surfaced 

to bring joy to my day.


Where there is hope

I found a bit of faith,

that I should experience

such love in a day.


Tears have fallen 

and my heart had

 felt such pain,

till the day I met you and 

you brought your sunshine my way.


Words simple as" hello, 

how are you today? "  and 

kisses felt from a far 

making sunshine out of rain.


Always and Forever




No comments: