Pictorial Prose

Pictorial Prose
Indulging my most lucid daydreams

Thursday, October 01, 2020

You and I


 Sit here beside me my love

watch the sun as it sets in the sky,

with whispers from the heart

spoken only for you and I. 


The evening has come quickly

it gets darker earlier each day, 

but for me that matters little 

because your sunshine always 

find it's way. 


Could be a word or two

or just a hello and goodbye, 

bringing peace to the day

and closure to the night.


~


I go about running 

though my feet have never moved,

I find you're always waiting and 

my soul quickly approved. 


I'm in your arms each night

if only in my mind, 

as I take to my bed and 

hold my pillow tight.


It is the energy between us

that cannot be denied, 

a gift from the heavens

that graced you and I. 


I am thankful for each moment

that we get to share and 

I'm thankful for your loving 

as you show how much you care.











No comments: