Pictorial Prose

Pictorial Prose
Indulging my most lucid daydreams

Sunday, October 18, 2020

Under The Stars

 I was once told "not to let my emotions rule. " I guess that has always been a little difficult as I believe in life, nature and energy and that we are one with our surroundings. Trying to keep my emotions in tack makes me feel a bit numb. Almost like a blank canvas with no yesterdays or tomorrows. Sometimes I find it necessary to file away in my mind each experience , so as not to relive them. What is gained and what is lost?  The sun is setting earlier and feels once more as if I am living in darkness all the time. I looked up at the stars, the sky clear and bright and thought of our existence in a reality that is not fully explained. What is our place in this great universe?  Life so precious that if lost cannot be replaced and at the same time people disregard the importance of it. I thought of the stars how they brought us closer. One set shining down on us no matter the distance between us. But this evening I looked at them quite different for I felt lost without you. We are so minute in the scheme of things.  All of life needing the same nourishment, food water and care. Was is beyond what we know? As the clouds pass by the heavens the stars fade.  


One with the heavens

and one with the earth

nothing between us 

as our hearts concur.


Energy, spirit or 

something in between, 

as our souls came together

like a well thought out dream. 







No comments: