Pictorial Prose

Pictorial Prose
Indulging my most lucid daydreams

Monday, May 15, 2006

Nessun Arrivederci

As I lay in bed listening to music, I am reminded of the power of words.
This advanced ability to communicate, separates us from all the other’s in the animal kingdom. One song sung can document a time in your life, encourage thoughts, bring about rage, dissuade or persuade, set about a mood changes. I reviewed my own thought process and again I find myself up against the old adages that have so remained alive throughout many generations. “ If you have nothing good to say, say nothing at all and treat others as you would want to be treated.” Of all the childhood lessons we are taught, these two have continued to surface in my adult life. It has always seemed pretty simple to me, this common approach to life. Yet you find those who prefer to fuel negativity. This is where the power of words lay within each of us. Only one thing as impressive as the control of words is our actions.

I felt a bit agitated as each song played, I could literally see the chapters of my life documented through time. Brief moments became the ground work for the experiences of our life. I felt the rebellion of my teen years, the hope and faith of my early adulthood and tears of a lifetime that forever remained fragments of the past and present. Then there was the wonders and beauty of romance and love that I so craved.
~~~
I want to dance under skies of blue, always keep the sun shining through.
Caress the moments that I share with you, as we dance to skies of blue.
I don’t ever want to say goodbye, I don’t ever want to make you cry.
Snuggle close for a kiss or two, as I fall in love with you.
~~~~
I challenge you to explore through a good morning wake up with you,
to see the stars and all the powers of simply loving you. Walk with me
and you will see the beauty of how life should be. Pure, fine and simply divine,
as I walk side by side with you.
~~~

No comments: