Pictorial Prose

Pictorial Prose
Indulging my most lucid daydreams

Thursday, December 21, 2006

Endings and Beginnings

In the realm of the holiday season, I understand the disappointment that comes from seeking peace in a other wise disruptive world. We place ourselves on a plateau consisting of high expectations, when in fact life carries on pretty much the same today as it will tomorrow. People will be prone to the ills of the world, sickness , accidents, violence and the stress of dealing with our own inner demons will continue to create a human disturbance of the mind.

The magic of holidays is that seen through the eyes of a child, the excitement, curiosity and the magic that is transformed through such a simplistic rosy deposition. Balancing the adult and the ten year old within to understand and accept all that life has to offer both good and bad.

I braced my self as my mind scattered through the positive and negative of the past year. The mountain of achievements and accomplishments and the waffling through territory of unknown. On the surface of life, you see what people want you to see, as you look deeper you view the complexity of humanity. The strengths and weaknesses that appear through out the journey.

I found I had to cauterize my emotions, find the inner strength to accept all that life brings, even that which I have little understanding of. Another year is coming to a end or is it another year is
beginning, no matter how you view it, I thank you for traveling with me down this rocky road called life.

No comments: