Pictorial Prose

Pictorial Prose
Indulging my most lucid daydreams

Saturday, December 30, 2006

Life

I thought I found a place where I could run away, the ultimate for the mind and soul to escape,the further into the journey, the more distant you stood. Like a child in circles I was trapped in the woods. The thicket awfully heavy with brier bush all around, but with winters clothes, I kept closer to the ground. A few thorns made their way into the surface of my skin, just enough to remind me I wasn’t sleeping in.

Finally a top the mountain, where the land levels off , I tried to distant the memories, not to give them any thought. The sky draped like a canopy, repelled the saddening of the heart, sealing in the sounds of a song bird, the melody of the Lark.

Covering so much territory and still no where to go, the moments filled with mystery hadn't let me go. Leaves of Oak that had dried and fallen on the ground, created a bed , inviting to lay the soul on down. For a few moments I curled like a baby in its worldly womb, secure without the darkness that most certainly can loom. Moments rushed to hours and I questioned where I stood, I was lost in my mind with very little understood.


~~

No comments: