Pictorial Prose

Pictorial Prose
Indulging my most lucid daydreams

Monday, March 03, 2008

All the seasons come with a beauty of their own, I must say that I enjoy spring, summer and fall in just that order. Spring is the birth of all seasons, the growth exceeds itself with a colorful display that documents both our strengths and weaknesses. It is early morning and daylight is now replacing the dark days of winter. The trees stand tall their branches in an unnoticeable bud await the warming temperatures to begin the growing process. As the snow begins to melt a carpet of green appears as if winter had never touched the blades of grass. There are other outward signs that spring will soon be here, the great blue heron can be seen returning from winter migration, the catkins of the willow are enlarging and becoming quite showy and the song birds tune has become more melodic and beautiful as they to awaken from the dark cold days of winter.
Each morning I awaken to gaze out the un-draped window. It is as if the glass had become a porthole to a kaleidoscope of life, visions, dreams all distant and yet close. The inner spirit had become accustomed to a self observant view of one with the outer stimuli of nature in the hollow. My struggles becoming a mix of how life is and how I see it to be. Was change eminent or have I again fallen victim to circumstance? The earth is but a vast space of nurture to nature and its platform is that of love, it surrounds and exudes from our very being and still we stumble blindly, grasping at that which we believe we do not have.

~
I bartered with the songs birds so they'd awaken you from your sleep and when you hear the sounds of chirp, chirp and tweet, it's really a whisper of my love and what you mean to me.
~
I felt you in my heart and it warmed my very soul and at that very moment I quivered as if it were from the cold.
~

No comments: