Pictorial Prose

Pictorial Prose
Indulging my most lucid daydreams

Saturday, March 29, 2008

Unconditional yet sublime

On my stroll down by the river I was taken in by the many sights that appeared along the path. It wasn't until I looked up at the ravine that I saw a colts foot flower blooming in the most adverse conditions. A mixture of shale and shade from cave like rock with mountian drip water seeping from the earth seemed to be enough to create a atmosphere of growth. As I climbed the rock to get a closer view of the flower, one thought entered my mind and that was the ability some life forms have including humans to survive in the most unfavorable of elements. Intrigued was I by the small bloom that could be seen from a distance and also by its ability to bring color to shale and limestone that formed a wall of rock. I slowly walked away and as I glanced back at the miracle of a bloom, I knew that I had seen nature's calm celebrating in silence.

No comments: