Pictorial Prose

Pictorial Prose
Indulging my most lucid daydreams

Monday, March 25, 2013

Winter or Spring?

I want it! I demand it! the warmth
of sun upon my face, the grass
green and the flowers that are
in a blooming race.

I want it! I demand it! to wake
up from this dream and find
you never left and you're
lying here beside me,

I want it! I demand it!  to see
your smile once more as I
open up my eyes to you
whom I adore.






The flowers say it's spring but
the season is not kind as the
buds of tree blossoms are
frozen like the hills of ice.

I  imagine my head on your shoulder today,
as you wipe the tears of life for yet another day.
Your arms around me gentle and tight, brings
a little comfort when our souls take flight.



Memories the silence rules,
when in the darkness your
love takes a hold.

When days create a haze,
I reach for your hand and
remember the day when
life took a stand.

When your lips touched mine
and I felt your heart beat for
a mere moment when you
were next to me.

When the stars no longer
shine and the moon begins to
hide, I reach for you and
again pull you to my side.

When your lips touched mine
and I felt your heart beat for
a mere moment when you
were next to me.
~



~
The seasons have it all wrong,
they say spring is here, but as I
look on out my window, winter
snow appears.

Another day is in passing and I
don't know the why, but it
feels like a repetition without
the blue sky.

Lost in the dreams of life or
is it the fears I hid behind?
For something inside of me
must certainty have died.



No comments: