Pictorial Prose

Pictorial Prose
Indulging my most lucid daydreams

Sunday, February 07, 2016

Joy Riding

We took to the hills
while in circles I drove,
laughing and giggling
as I mastered the roads.

I held the wheel,
I ruled the road
even though I had
nowhere to go.

I thought of you
the whole night long
while singing another
one of those seventy's
song.

Singing old songs
like we were sixteen
as I raced on home
to share in this dream.


~






Standing at the window
distance between you and I,
until we broke the barriers
and our souls took to the sky.

I could feel your love
as it took me by surprise,
channeling all your energy
I can feel as if I can fly.

~

I spend my days dreaming and
all my thoughts you consume
and in the dark of night I am over
whelmed by my love for you.

My heart was yours for the taken
and my soul had always belonged
with you, no matter the season
our skies are always blue.
~
I spend my days
mountains away
and yet I race to
share each moment
that comes into play.

I cherish each moment
like a treasure to behold,
your love within my heart
as an eternal hold.

.







my nights overwhelmed
belong to you,
with each thought a tear falls





No comments: