Pictorial Prose

Pictorial Prose
Indulging my most lucid daydreams

Monday, March 19, 2018

Celebrating Devotion

I can't believe how long it has been since I started developing skin care. The first product I ever made was "Devotion the Love Lotion"  It was the first product I took to a trade show and sold out of . Two more years and I will be celebrating my 20 th Anniversary of Devotion Love Lotion. There is a bit of Irony to making a skin care product that enhances romance to a woman who actually lacked romance. Time has taken me on quite the journey. Raising children, the struggles and of course the highs that come with creating a product and knowing so many people enjoy quality and fun in one product. I look back and wonder what I could have done differently ...but we know how the woulda, coulda , shoulda thing works out can't change yesterday only improve upon it for tommorow. This is like an infomerical This is one of the youtubes we did , though we did alot of unprofessional advertisements lol. Well part of growing with the business I guess.
I really don't don't know what had drawn me to this , other than a survival mode. You do what you have to , to make life work. I see life separated into quarters. Young and foolish, mother and wife and than a period of time where I was just me, without thought or expectation , just myself. I think about who I am now, most of my customers call me Autumn and yes Autumn is a big part of Rachel. The memories , the experiences of a lifetime.
Sometimes you look back and you think if I could have done things different.It comes down to "if I knew than what I know now." I am not sure why the swell of tears surfaced at this moment ,it wasn't always an easy journey and many times though I believe in choice , I do believe a lot of what happens is out of our hands and yes belongs to destiny.
Puzzles are interaction each piece interlocking. That is how I feel about the opportunities I have been granted and the people I have met , they interlock and find a place within my heart.
My son recently bought me a quill pen as a gift. As I dipped the pen in ink and began to write , I thought about how we are different to different people. Family, mother, sister,  friend, customers, acquaintance, lover and the impact that leaves in everyone, like an imprint on our soul.
As difficult as life can sometimes be I am ever so grateful for everything that I have been blessed with, because on the contrary the" glass is half full. "



Original label
Updated label
The young dreamer ....


No comments: