Pictorial Prose

Pictorial Prose
Indulging my most lucid daydreams

Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Happy First of Spring



It is official the calendar date has us celebrating the first of spring. Of course the weather isn't cooperating as well as the animals , birds and flowers  as they go about as if their wasn't any snow on the ground. As I walked the gardens I could see crocus in bloom , daffodils and tulips 8 inches above the ground, birds gathering twigs to build their nest.. My first view of the ever so welcomed Red Robin, who was bobbing about the lawn looking for worms. Actually it's not the warmth that causes all creatures to head out in celebration of spring. Flowers, trees and yes birds and animals base all that they do on light. Ah yes the days are getting lighter longer.
We have conquered winter and have entered a new season. Anxious to open the window and doors to bring in fresh air, instead await another snow storm. Of course it is a here today gone tomorrow kind of snow.
As I booked events to work, it was as if I was racing time. The problem with that is time always wins and with each day we are that much older. Sometime I take a moment to look back and some years seem like a haze is over them. But never the less I continue down this path of crazy. There were times I had to tell myself to " stop and smell the roses."  There is a lot to be learned from nature. One can learn how to weather a storm, bloom when skies are gray and yes teach us about life and death. There is as they say" a time for everything. "
Today though grateful I am not necessarily celebratory nor melancholy but rather indifferent. I want more proof spring has arrived beside the catkins on the willow trees. I want warm weather!!! I want to complain it is so hot , I need a fan on.


 Your Lips from Mine

We are here together,
on bright and cloudy days,
to share in our love and in
finding our own way.

Hearts and souls bonded,
mountains that fade away,
brings with it a pleasure,
making life feel like a warm
day in May.

Smiles that can't be broken,
hearts that dry up the rain,
souls that live on forever,
forever and a day.

Dreams that cast my love
visuals that light the day,
in a dance in the kitchen
to steps of our own ballet.

Touching without reaching,
feelings hold you by myside,
a kiss sent via the heavens
to your lips from mine.






No comments: