Pictorial Prose

Pictorial Prose
Indulging my most lucid daydreams

Wednesday, June 27, 2018

All I need is the air that I breathe and to love you



My Carolina wren babies have fledged the nest. From hatching eggs to flying out the window it took less than two weeks. It was fascinating to watch the momma wren sit at the edge of the window and encourage her babies to take their first flight. The young seem so fragile and yet eager to follow her into the hills.
It reminds me of watching my own children take each step through life . Watching them go on the school bus for the first time to graduating college. I remember my daughter being so anxious to start school and yet so shy an timid. She said I am gonna miss you mommy. That is when she opened her little fingers and I placed a kiss inside and said " when ever you are afraid or miss being home all you need to do is just open your hand and my kiss will be there."
I have no idea where the time has gone. But watching Max take off to the military had to be the most difficult. He was the last to fledge but never the less he has to carve his own path in the world.
Chapters with a few of them a blur. I think to myself how did I get to this place in time? Decisions, choices and a bit left to fate or a path down destiny's lane. No matter how you look at it, it's a legacy of a life and how we are woven into many people's lives.
The sun setting and the trees cast a silhouette against the dark blue sky. Occasionally the wind takes the branches like a fan across the heavens or like a ballerina dancing in the breeze. I glanced once more up at the heavens, stars , clouds, moonlight. The same brilliance of shining stars, puffs of magical like clouds and  the beam of moonlight that shines over me also shines over you. It makes the world that much smaller and brings you that much closer. If it's possible to touch a soul , I have felt the touch of your soul. If its possible to hear a heart beat from a distance, I heard it in the sounds of a song bird, the trickling of the brook and the whispers in the wind. There is a certain amount of peace that can be had when two beings unite. Sharing in our similarities and in our differences creates a bond that cannot be broken. My Loving good night, my sweet good morning and my every thought that gets me through the day.
I know that loving and being loved is the greatest of gift. It is rarer than the finest of gems and more precious than anything that could be found within the earth or in the heavens. So as I do each day I give thanks for that first hello and the bonding of souls.


I had fallen asleep writing  to the sunset just to find myself waking up to the early sunrise. Summer is in full swing with 90 degrees temperatures and humidity to  make anyone think they are standing in a sauna. But I am not complaining the alternative is winter. On the thermometer of emotion I am indifferent today.  As I worked through the last few days of anxiety of not being able to help my sister overcome the inevitable. I found myself glancing back to childhood. It is pretty amazing how all that happens in the early years guides us throughout our adult life.  Music has always been there as away of escaping the present or maybe even creating my own reality.  My first introduction to music came from my father. He loved to sing and lately I haven't been able to put his voice to the songs. Almost as if the memories have distanced themselves In away of easing the ache.  It was the passing of fathers day that brought him to the forefront of my thoughts and held me dwelling on the more positive times. From my earliest memory I can remember him singing, whether I was under the weather or outdoors playing.  The first dance lesson my feet over his shoes and he said just slide with me across the kitchen floor. I still dance in the kitchen, only this time I imagine myself in your arms as I move to the music. There are a lot of songs that bring the fondest of memories and some new ones that I swear are written for you and I. Taking your hand and pulling you close to me spinning in a circle , dress to the wind , hair flowing and there at that very moment a whisper in song from my lips to your heart. One of my favorite The Holly song " all I need is the air that I breathe and to love you." What is this? as a tear falls, I wipe it away as I put the past to rest and celebrate the connection between two hearts and the bonding of souls. Taking a deep breath slowly exhaling ...with whispers of love.



It's another season
summer time is here,
celebrating each moment
you and I get to share.

We are the sunshine
that warms the soul
and the love of two
the heavens foretold.

It's magic in the making
and a mystery of sort
through technology
a joy had stepped forth.

I take to believing
to wanting it to be so,
that in the clouds of night
I am never alone.

My hand and yours,
your heart in mine,
forever and ever
to the eternal sublime.

I will always love you
it's written in the stars,
more than a few thoughts
or an authors memoirs.

Connected are you and I
making me grateful for time,
each moment passes our way
and every hello that starts the day.

Good morning love,
hello my sweet,
the gift is in my dreams
as I share the memories.


~

The chickens are well,
no predators in sight
on this warm summer day
even the dogs sleep through
the night.

The flower beds are calling
so I'll weed a little each day
as the rain keeps falling
my heart will find its way.

To your arms I drift as
my mind begins to stray,
while thinking of you
from day to day.

The sun a little brighter
and the skies more blue,
the canvas of life brings
a joy to both me and you.

I could stay here dreaming
and singing love songs,
the alternative is chores
which I can't prolong.

So I'll end this moment
with a kiss to your lips
and a embrace of love
that has me a float in
bliss.

~
Smile, smile, smile
catch that glint in the eye,
I have happiness in my heart
and you are by my side.

Dream , dream, dream
that is all I can do,
spending my life dreaming
sweet thoughts with you.

















No comments: