Pictorial Prose

Pictorial Prose
Indulging my most lucid daydreams

Friday, June 01, 2018

Extraordinary

It was the 1970's and the movie " Love Story" was in theaters. It wasn't the first introduction to romantic movies but surely the most contemporary for the time. What makes for a good love story? I think it's the ordinary doing the extraordinary. Passion and desire with a blend of utmost happiness and yes even a certain amount of comfort that comes from the uniting of two souls. It's okay you can go ahead and call me the hopeless romantic. In many ways I think it's only after we experience the trials and tribulations of our own journey that we surely able to recognize and appreciate love that embodies many of our needs. The mix of wants and desires that we ourselves don't always understand. Respect, laughter and the willingness to share openly creates a foundation where love flourishes. It doesn't dwell on what we don't have but thrives on what we do have. The kindness that tucks me in at night and the joy that wakes me in the morning. I feel blessed to have had this experience for so long.

Challenge the mountains
and bridge wide the seas,
on this journey there is
quite the story.

Embraced in love
infused deep within
as I carry you with me
from when we began.

~

My hands in the water
as the dishes are washed
and the Carolina Wren
on her nest is boss.

The moment seems simple
not unusual at all until
I close my eyes and I
hear your voice in it all.

Spinning in circles,
I'm there in your arms,
I can feel your heart beat
and sense that charm.

Don't stop believing in dreams
they light the darkness of night
with quite the memories.

~

I saw you in my dream
and I felt you in my heart,
I knew what I had was special
from the very start.

Friendship and kindness a
love few will ever know
as I celebrate each moment
our love continues to grow.

I saw you in my dream
and I felt you in my heart,
I knew what I had as special
from the very start.






























No comments: