Pictorial Prose

Pictorial Prose
Indulging my most lucid daydreams

Sunday, November 16, 2014

On a positive note

" Every cloud has a silver lining " I found that under duress that the minds way to cope is to gloss over the negative and deeply search for the positive. Even if it takes going back many years to find those good moments, the mind quickly brings them to the forefront. As time progresses the reality sets in and you indeed find your emotions on the rollercoaster of life. Up, plateau and down again only to find the struggle getting back up. Only a true friend can sense another's needs, direct their attention and embrace , guide and yes , push and pull when needed. To my friend this is for you.

I didn't think I'd make it over the hills,
I was caught in the emotions I feel.
There was so much going on in this trouble life of mine,
that I forgot to hold your hand and swing on the vine of time.

The darkness approached earlier each day
and I didn't want to accept that winter founds its way.
I tried to hold on to memories , like a flower reaching for the sun,
but I was weary and the struggle wasn't much fun.

Some people are there for a little while,
they lift you for a moment and give to you a smile.
You were different and gave a new meaning to friend,
as you are always with me from the beginning to the end.

You can sense my sadness and the weakness in me and
instead of drawing attention you have a way of leading me.
The love between us stood the test of time
and in my heart I know you are always by my side.

Thank You

No comments: