Pictorial Prose

Pictorial Prose
Indulging my most lucid daydreams

Monday, June 08, 2015

Chapters of Life

The chapters of life are the stepping stones
 that lead us don the path of tomorrow.
 
~
 
Dreams are a way the subconscious deals with what our conscious minds cannot. I sometimes have the most vivid dreams, as if I awaken from them and I am not sure whether it was dream that  I finished my work for the day or that I went about dreaming chores. I laughed as I thought how unexciting a dream could be if all I did was dream what I do all day long. But dreams are never the same and each reveals as I see it something we missed in our waking lives.
Sometimes dreams bring peace and occasionally bring answers but ultimately they reveal the inner workings of the subconscious.
I realized early on that I could direct a dream by controlling my last thought before I go to sleep. Sometimes I would do it with music and other times by a meditation of sort and occasionally by cleansing the negative from my mind so that only the positive remained. In one dream I can recall a complete conversation and others times the dream is not so vivid and only one aspect of it stands out. I always felt when we slept it was like turning off the mind but I have found that through the dreams the mind doesn't sleep at all.
 
If my last thoughts are of you,
may I lay all night within your arms.
Feel the beat of your heart and listen
as each beat becomes a song.
 
If my last thoughts are of you,
may our lips meet once more in kiss.
Feel the comfort of knowing
our love is so ever strong.

No comments: