Pictorial Prose

Pictorial Prose
Indulging my most lucid daydreams

Sunday, October 04, 2015

Midnight Reflections

The rooster is asleep
till 4 am rolls around
and soon he'll crow
as if no one is around.

The dog is on the porch
barking at a passing deer
and the night is ever dark
without you here to share.

I'm lying here wide awake,
paging through the day
while rambling thoughts
of you find there way.


                                                                   So far and so close,
                                                                distanced by mountains
     and bridged by memories.
 
~
 
To dance upon the clouds has a magic of its own
and yet the darkness rules.
 
~
I failed to see the light of happiness,
as I reach out in the darkness.
 
~
The world carries its own heavy
that I don't have to add to it.
 
 
~
 
I gather strength in loving you,
like a sponge that soaks up water.
 
~
 
How is that I am running
but my feet have never moved?
 
~
 
The silence is overwhelming.
 
~
Pulls you close
and kisses you goodnight.
 
~~
 
 
 
 

No comments: