Pictorial Prose

Pictorial Prose
Indulging my most lucid daydreams

Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Souls

My parents were rather strict even for the time period I grew up in. Each setting their own rules of expectation. I guess it was the era of children are to be seen and not heard. Though I took it all in stride what was expected from us , perfection in a not so perfect world.
My mother loved opera and classical and my father had a love for country. But there were a slew of styles of music we were not even allowed to purchase , play or sing. Which I must admit is great about the laptop I have access to any style music I want and daily listen to them. I picked up a few old records for a phonograph I inherited from my brothers passing and the sound of a non electric player is kind of eerie taking you back to a time before electric was even in homes. Wow! what we take for granted in this era.
My sister and I played the violin and classical was pretty much shoved down our throats but when my parents weren't home Gabriella would  take out the violin and play pickin music and we would dance and laugh. I miss her it's been 30 years since her passing but in the end all we really have are the memories we hold dear.
I think I kind of favored country music simply because country music depends on lyrics and I was known to be a bit sensitive and words are extremely important part of life.
Marriage represented the same barriers, don't do this do that, don't listen to this and it felt like stunting the growth of a spirit.  Even to the point of being restricted to listening to different styles of music including country music.  Like building a barrier to simple freedom even the most common ,the freedom of thought. Dreary weather gives way to much time to think. One page in a lifetime.
Here's to dancing in the kitchen lol to yeah .... country music. Takes your hand ...pulling you close for not our typical kitchen dance.

Lyrics sung to your basic country music lol yea haw..

I'm not the keeper of souls,
I don't got that kind of hold
what fuels the fiery blaze
is from the love you gave.

Can't stop the way I feel
it is fate that simply willed
one lost heart to another
my best friend and my lover.

I'm not the keeper of souls,
I don't got that kind of hold
what fuels the fiery blaze
is from the love you gave.

The treasure can be seen
through every day means,
take look at the smile
it diminishes the miles.

I'm not the keeper of souls,
I don't got that kind of hold
what fuels the fiery blaze
is from the love you gave.




No comments: