Pictorial Prose

Pictorial Prose
Indulging my most lucid daydreams

Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Sing

I enjoy most genre's of music but as I think about the limitations once placed on my music choices. I find that I have had the chance to experience the pleasure of all styles of music. Sometimes country music can be happy and up beat , sad and a bit melancholy but it always depends on the lyrics to get you through the song.
As I sat around the outdoor fire discussing with my children many topics surfaced. When we got to the family tree, I reviewed all the family members who were here and gone. Dominic said it is a bit profound. Yes, the knowledge of the many generations can be a bit intense. It makes you stop and think about our time, limitations, vulnerabilities and the legacy we leave behind.
As I worked on my family tree. the photos of family that I have never met and their perks and struggles brought them to life. The knowledge spanned over hundreds of years and made life seem even shorter. I laughed to myself as I thought wow! I'm in the home stretch. It also makes me appreciate you all that much more, if that is possible to "appreciate more." Which brings to the forefront love. " I love you more today than yesterday, but not as much as tomorrow."
I get those days where I feel like Lemuel in Gulliver's Travels. The scene in the book where he is tied down by the Lilliput and unable to move. Well I am not physically tied down but still I feel a certain amount of restraint. For many life is carved out for them and they know what tomorrow will bring I have never had that option as I have felt that life has always been questionable. Makes you kind of envy the person who said in their youth "when I grow up I want to be" Somehow the script of life has always felt like it was out of my hands.
Okay maybe it is the rain .  Deep in thought, rambling or lost amongst the thicket. It is the second anniversary of Andrea's Death. Not like I haven't lost brothers and sisters before but as September passes on it brings with it a bit of sadness. I always hope her troubled soul is on an island having a Pena colada with those little umbrellas in the glass.
 This is my moment that I enjoy most " some say I'm a dreamer but I'm not the only one. Taking your hand pulling you close and escaping the nonsense of the day. I whisper in your ear," I love you Honey Bunch."


I just wanna take
the time to tell you,
how much you truly
mean to me.

From my heart to yours
a very sweet love song ,
written in the heavens
and sent down for you
and me.

I just wanna hold 
you in my arms and 
spend the day kissing
the moments away.

I would never tire 
of your precious loving, 
as each day reveals 
it grows stronger with time.

I just wanna lay here
and go about dreaming,
if dreaming places you 
here by myside. 

To visualize the wonder
of our connection,
as you have become
 a fine part of me. 

I just wanna be
with you forever ,
if forever means
for all eternity.

The embrace of two souls
arched like a rainbow ,
touches with such pleasure
this little ole heart of mine.
















No comments: