Pictorial Prose

Pictorial Prose
Indulging my most lucid daydreams

Thursday, July 30, 2020

With Me


I had not questioned these eyes of mine

as  many years have passed on by ,

but it was what my heart had seen

that caught me by surprise. 


I saw the kindness your love revealed

when one soul dares to care and 

how you lifted this soul of mine 

to the heavens we now share.


I could write of all the sorrow

the stories of broken hearts, 

but this chapter on sweet love 

is indeed the best by far. 


It is the sunshine on cloudy days

which warms me from deep inside 

and the comfort of your true love 

that is so magically entwined. 


You wiped each and every fallen tear

and brought a joy to the day 

even when you were not aware

you kissed the sorrow away. 


I had walked the halls of darkness

and felt the walls of despair 

but some how in your special way

you made it all disappear. 


You have that mass of brightness

as my sunshine bright for sure,

that lights the path of happiness

which leads me to your door. 


The emotions were overwhelming,

as I had questioned what I had seen,

but how could I have doubt the love

that you had given so graciously?


I once more closed these eyes of mine

and allowed my heart to see 

as somehow you broke the barriers

and set our hearts and souls free. 


There is this familiarity 

which I sensed  from day one,

as if distance and time kept apart

too long the existence of our love. 


My wants and needs battled

for they both wanted more ,

and I struggle with the feelings

of what life has in store. 


Reaching into the dark of night

as my hunger for you is great

and pulling you ever close to me

with the help of the journey called

fate. 


I imagined your tender embrace

and the treasure of kisses sweet,

as my fingers traced my own lips 

I was assured you were here with

me.



No comments: