Pictorial Prose

Pictorial Prose
Indulging my most lucid daydreams

Saturday, August 22, 2020

Documenting Love

 The magic is in the way

 you make me feel, 

my feet off the ground and

for a moment my heart is still.


Tear drops swell from these 

eyes of mine, 

as each holds a memory

written into rhyme. 


The sun now rising

battles this life of grey, 

bringing about happiness

with each passing day.


To the heavens I glanced

as the stars no longer shine,

the blue skies now rule 

this day for you and I. 


The first appearance

is not what it seems, 

as I saw your heart

as it spoke to me. 


The connection obvious

it joined you and I,

 and placed together 

your soul with mine. 


We took on the mountains

turned them into sand 

and the rivers between us

no longer command. 


My heart is open and

you found your way in 

and that is how this story

of sweet love begins. 


If my pillow did the talking

and wrote this story of two, 

I might now be blushing 

as I think of me with you. 


Smiles that one can't deny

surfaced from the heart 

where your love with 

mine flows through time. 


Let the music play

this song is not a game,

the dance with you

takes on the heavens blue.


We rule both night and day

in our own special way, 

a waltz within a dream 

brings you here to me. 


It might be the rambling

of a heart that hungers so, 

or maybe just a dreamer

that can't or won't let go. 


My needs are just as great

as my want of you, 

so I close my eyes and 

dream what lovers do. 


Feel my arms around you

I'm holding on tight, 

with a whisper of love

to get us through the night.


Snuggling up to you, 

in a very loving way, 

while a kiss of desire

takes hold of the reigns.


I refused to let the loneliness 

find a way on in, 

so I closed my eyes and that

is where this story begins. 


Once upon a lifetime

sorrow took backstage,

as a love surfaced 

in a sweet and subtle way.


I can feel it in the morning

as the sun begins to rise 

and again at nightfall

when the stars rule the sky. 


There are rainbows in the making

to bridge your world to mine, 

as I reached out for your hand 

and found it was your heart next to

mine.




No comments: