Pictorial Prose

Pictorial Prose
Indulging my most lucid daydreams

Saturday, August 22, 2020

From The Heavens

I listened as the silence 
which once ruled the night, 
was replaced by the song
of a mocking bird in flight.

The stillness inviting 
so I sat there awhile and my
mind filled with memories
developed a smile. 

Time flashed before me 
from the years gone by 
and I sat there alone 
questioning" why?"

The visions before me
all but disappeared 
except the angel of love 
who whispered in my ear.

The gift from the heavens
sent down to you one day, 
with a simple hello 
a love story was made. 

Confused by the timing
I asked the angel " but why?"
and he responded quite quickly
" your souls were already entwined."

"How did that happen and how could 
it be if I had not met him and he 
had not met me? " The angel replied
" it is certainly true,  you conquered 
the distance and your love just grew. 

Summer thunder rolled on in and
no sign of raindrops in the wind,
the crickets still hummed and the 
birds still sang as the angel of love
began to fade.

I sat there awhile and not nearly alone
as my mind once more began to roam,
I gazed up at the starts to the moon bright
knowing very well you are here in my life.

I reached through the darkness
with your hand in mine 
knowing this path was of some
heaven scripted design. 

Wonderful, magical and 
beautiful as it can be, 
the love between us felt
like it was right out of 
a dream. 

I felt the warmth of your embrace
and I swear we were here face to face,
I no longer questioned what was to be
for I now know the heavens sent you 
down to me. 













No comments: