Pictorial Prose

Pictorial Prose
Indulging my most lucid daydreams

Monday, May 04, 2009

Lilac


Each day I watch as the leaves grow and bring to the hollow lush shades of green. The seasons reveal that there is hope beyond the days of stormy weather. I find mother nature to be quite encouraging as she shares in her ever blooming gardens the mystique of life. One lesson that surfaces is the need one plant has for another. The tables of the forest shows the needs of the various plants and how they are dependent upon one another to flourish and provide for the animals that live within. The trillium carpeting the hills nourished from the rich and moist soil hidden under an array of tall and stately trees.
I understood my need to hold your hand as I felt the rain upon my face and the thunder rattle my soul as the lightening lit the sky striking fear into my being. Your smile shines down on me and thus warms my very soul and your embrace is felt like the tree embrace the mountains, strong and secure. But most of all I feel the growth of my spirit as it is surrounded by your love




The tantalizing smell of lilac in full bloom. I can get lost in the fragrant blooms of lilac as they tease the spirit into an entrapment. An invitation to the soul, one that has it falling back into our yesterdays as it documents the current moment. I literally spun around in dance, as if the hollow had summoned me to partner with spring in a celebration of a season in its full expression. Briefly I felt such glee as I became one, one with the moment, one in spirit with the hollow, one with the dreams of my heart.
~
It has been five months since I made my new years resolution, " to thine own self be true. " Have I been honest with myself? My heart and soul again raised the question? Have I been honest with myself? I hadn't removed all traces of fear, nor had I gained in the stride in which I had hoped. We all at times feel the restraints from both our inner and our outer vulnerabilities. I see a few accomplishments as well as personal failures. I feel the weight of my surroundings and the anchor of my choices. I thought back to the moment when the journey took a great turn. It was a time where I had succumbed to the walls of despair both physically and spiritually. At this time it was a rapid period of growth, I had seen my own worth in the world, my value as a woman and a friend. It was a rather simplistic time without pressure, one that worked with my spirit and enhancing the soul and encouraging growth. The experience did not stop there, there was much to learn and I was learning at a rapid speed.
Moving slowly I was now at the mile marker where I first escaped, I left behind the memories that haunted me so and I walked away to feed my own personal needs. Here is where I began to explore my own emotions, some that had not surfaced till that very moment. I felt a happiness that I never had experienced before.
In time more lessons would be revealed as I moved forward and embraced friendship and love in the most unique way. From a time when "ignorance was bliss" to the struggle to stay a float to and again to a period of growth which took me to another level.
I at times feel as close as the angels to the heavens and as distant as a fish to the dessert. Turning the pages in the book of truth, what do we see? I thought about the purpose of this life and where the journey leads. It is not in the ending of a book but the path we taking getting there. Brush and thistle, Brier and rambling rose all seem to barricade the path.Forging ahead through thorn and thicket, I am aware of the struggles on the climb. The claw of the anchor digs in deeper to try and hold me back. Release his hold and set me free, allow my heart and soul to dream.
~
The more I experience, the more I crave.

~

The hunger is fed by knowledge.
~

One lie causes the rocks to crumble for the foundation is weak.
~
Because I dared to love...


No comments: