Pictorial Prose

Pictorial Prose
Indulging my most lucid daydreams

Friday, November 12, 2010

Souls

Every now and than my mind does a scan over the last several years of my new found freedoms. Lately it has stopped on this one particular event. I don't do this little off the wall towns celebration anymore and nor do I remember the woman's name that has found a place in my memories. The conversation that occurred between the two of us was rather short but in a few minutes time, she shared pictures, the beginning of her journey and a chapter that has so changed her life. She was in her early thirties, young looking and attractive and working on her survival skills.  She was and is a quick reminder of our vulnerabilities and the hold that time has on us. It wasn't so much her story that was so important, it was more her inner spirit and her philosophy of life that gripped my attention and found a place within my own being. I walked away that day with a greater appreciation for life and have since learned to respect the short period of time we have been given on this earth.
It was Shakespeare who said it best, All the Worlds a Stage...
"All the world's a stage,
And all the men and women merely players;
They have their exits and their entrances;
And one man in his time plays many parts,
His acts being seven ages. At first the infant,
Mewling and puking in the nurse's arms;
And then the whining school-boy, with his satchel
And shining morning face, creeping like snail
Unwillingly to school. And then the lover,
Sighing like furnace, with a woeful ballad
Made to his mistress' eyebrow. Then a soldier,
Full of strange oaths, and bearded like the pard,
Jealous in honour, sudden and quick in quarrel,
Seeking the bubble reputation
Even in the cannon's mouth. And then the justice,
In fair round belly with good capon lin'd,
With eyes severe and beard of formal cut,
Full of wise saws and modern instances;
And so he plays his part. The sixth age shifts
Into the lean and slipper'd pantaloon,
With spectacles on nose and pouch on side;
His youthful hose, well sav'd, a world too wide
For his shrunk shank; and his big manly voice,
Turning again toward childish treble, pipes
And whistles in his sound. Last scene of all,
That ends this strange eventful history,
Is second childishness and mere oblivion;
 Sans teeth, sans eyes, sans taste, sans everything." — Jaques (Act II, Scene VII, lines 139-166)


I thought of the cast of characters that have entered and exited on my own stage of life. How did they enhance the journey and what was their intended purpose on this road of life?  I felt a depth so deep and so overflowing that I could not respond with anyone answer. There were many lessons and each person had something to give. Once I heard a professor in his speech say that " we were like a trash receptacle and that everyone we met left a little trash inside.of us. I always thought that was a pretty negative statement and to refer to the magic of life and the experiences as trash was demeaning to the human value of life. Yes, the people I have met shared in themselves in ways that have remained with me, but I see each experience as a gift of knowledge. 


I experienced many emotions and as I filtered through them I allowed, let me repeat that "I allowed" the positive to surface and guide me and the negative to sift through if only as a reminder that we have explored all that life has to offer. When I was a child I asked why? about everything and now I find there is no need for why, because I accept all as a part of who I am. Like a sponge absorbing the sea, I have gathered the memories, the knowledge and all the experiences and used them as a schematic of sort to direct me in all that I do. Our walk through life is unique to us, it is our emotions which are quite similar. Let it be known that love guides me in all that I do and allow that love to guide you. 




The Emotions Within


I once knew fear it held me so,
it gripped so tight and it wouldn't
let go. 


Frustration and anger and lack
of trust, misguided  soul filled 
with disgust.

Surprised and happy overflowing

with joy when a love surfaced
that nothing could destroy.


Optimistic, filled with trust,
speaking of love and not of
lust.


Souls attracted, caring and
kind, leads the heart beyond
the mind.


Euphoria created of bliss of 
just one thought of your sweet
kiss.


The pleasure is surely mine,
content of heart, no measure
of time.


Dreams that fuel the fire
and a flame of love which is 
heaven inspired.



2 comments:

xiahluver said...

WOW. WOW. WOW. This has really put a BIG BIG BIG thought into my head and cherish everything and everyone that has happened to me. Thanks for the reminder again.
Again, i really enjoyed reading your thoughts and references, etc. Please write again.

Rachel C Miller said...

Xiahluver,
You are so sweet and so filled with positive energy. Thank you so much for your wonderful comments and for visiting the blog.
Sincerely
Rachel