Pictorial Prose

Pictorial Prose
Indulging my most lucid daydreams

Sunday, January 19, 2014

An Empty Heart is a Loveless Soul

I wrote a poem a while back, a stanza out of it went like this " I don't need you to feel complete, I know I can stand on my own two feet, it's the walk beside me that compliments me." Yet as humans we all have basic needs. Though it does seem that some people have greater needs than others and of course there is those who seem to function with very little. I find it difficult at times to find a replacement for all that is missing in my life. The lack of intmacy, love, romance and the desire for a loving companionship leaves a void. Thinking through life I find that very little really matters if we cannot complete the pyramid of life. The security, sense of oneness with another and the basic desires like trust, happiness and the mutual sharing of a day help to unite heart and soul. I asked my heart" tell me true, what waits in the heavens blue?" "Will tomorrow a beginning bring or is the darkness the voice that sings?" To my questions there was no reply, the response was silence that toyed with the mind. Weary, I looked but could not see,for time the ruler ends the dreams. ~

No comments: