Pictorial Prose

Pictorial Prose
Indulging my most lucid daydreams

Friday, April 04, 2014

Listen With Your Heart

I could hear the thunderous waves in 
their roar against the mighty rocks, 
as if they knew I was really listening
I'd had sworn they really could talk. 

Powerful is the vastness of the sea,
I found myself lost in it as if it were a dream. 
Caught up in the moment, it was no surprise
when I reached out, it was you by my side. 
~

If I could soar the heavens, 
I'd choose to be with you, 
always and forever is the title
in the chapter of " I love you." 

I'd hold your hand in every storm,
walking beside you is truly the norm. 
I channel my energy to lift you high
so we could dance high in the sky. 

If I could soar the heavens, 
I'd choose to be with you, 
always and forever is the title
in the chapter of " I love you."

I was once told to not allow my emotions to rule and that I was to rule my emotions. In an overwhelming chapter of my life, I find myself reaching for what feels warm and comforting. I find myself drawn to your arms. 

Hold me under the night sky, 
the stars are yours and mine. 
Close your eyes and open your heart
and you will see we bridge from a far. 

The mountains can't restrain us
and the clouds are a sky bus, 
as I send in the wind all my 
love to you, all my love to you. 

~
Can you hear the whispers of sweet memory? They
are tucked away in my heart for safe keeping. 
Some say they are haunting the memories of sweet,
as they have the power to lift me off my feet. 

My soul responds and a reminder sends to me, 
the tremble of my spirit when I think of you and I
I feel it in your absence, the energy of life that 
makes this life were living and makes it all seem right. 




1 comment:

Margie said...

You are a true romantic!
I love this, Rachel.