Pictorial Prose

Pictorial Prose
Indulging my most lucid daydreams

Wednesday, April 02, 2014

Splat!!!

When I was a little girl, I had this overwhelming sense of wanting to run away. I thought most kids must have experienced it at one time or another. The world was so big and I wasn't so courageous and at nine years of age, I found myself hiding in my mothers walk in closet, in my closet, under the bed. I even once embarrassing as this is to say, hid in the clothes hamper. I ended up always coming out because no one missed me.  As an adult when I needed time away , unlike normal people who had a drivers license, I would go to the attic. I could hear the children " where is mom?" An eventually would make my way down the attic steps, realizing that there really was no where to runaway.
It was those awful romantic comedies that came on the Rege Cordic hour on Sundays. You know the kind of movie, where the guy rescues the girl and they live happily after. I now know it was a set up for the Knight in Shining Armor Syndrome. That somehow I was going to be rescued .
I always felt trapped as if I was a character in someone else's book. That this script of life was out of my control. One day I began to rewrite life, I am not sure if I mean that in the literal sense.I met someone not so much a knight that would sweep me off my feet, but would take me far above the earth's surface. I was as my father would say pulling off " the Great Houdini ."  That is until someone pierces the cloud and you come tumbling done.

I took to the clouds
in the heavens above,
gazed on the earth
with the one I love.

Arms holding me tight in a
kiss on bright starry night.
The smile is forever mine
in a story written for all time.
~





No comments: