Pictorial Prose

Pictorial Prose
Indulging my most lucid daydreams

Saturday, April 12, 2014

My Soul

If you read or watched a good book or movie for the umpteenth time, you find that you sometimes interpret it differently or miss a scene that you hadn't seen previously. Mostly likely we relate to a scene based on where we are at the moment. I realize more now than ever that everyone has a very interpretation , like the script of life. 

I can't tell you how anyone else can see, 
but for me the blue sky is more than a dream. 
Like the mountains as they reach so ever high, 
I can feel my soul soar beyond this earthly time.


I know love has taken me for a ride, 
showed me the world through very different eyes. 
Like the simplicity of wild daisy in the field
and the journey as we crest the many hills. 


I know love has taken me by surprise, 
lifted my heart and soul many times. 
Each morning as the sun begins to rise
I thank the Lord that you are by my side. 
~





Reflected in each raindrop, 
in the rays of the sun, 
I can see the magic that
created our sweet love. 

Arched across the blue sky,
rainbows bridge you and I 
and that is how I hold you close
heart , soul and mind. 

!


~
We choose our own destiny
even though detours are written into the journey. 
~

No one man's journey weighs heavier than another...

~
I vote next winter we study hibernating... 
I think I can sleep through winter. 

~
I am not prepared for tomorrow, 
but I don't think any of us are. 
~

There are so many kinds of love,
one does not compare to the other. 
~
It was the cardinals at the feeder, 
feathers were bold and bright, 
that reminded me of the strength
we all need to stand up and fight. 

It is not the need of weapons, 
for our struggles are like a sea, 
it is our endurance that reveals
that we can accomplish anything. 





It has to be the season
it reminds me of you,
and lifts me from the earth
in the dance that lovers do.

My feet are anchored,
but my soul is soaring free.
I am in the arms of love,
cradled so peacefully. .
~


It is the blue sky,
the early rise of the sun,
the song that filled the air,
the love we both share.

It is in the silence and
in the dark of night,
when I close my eyes,
it is you I am holding tight.

It is in the laughter and
in the tears that fall
the memories of a lifetime
that to my soul call.

~
Each day reveals the treasure,
the happiness from deep in side
from the memories you have given
and our hearts that so entwine.

The world a journey that few
never completely understand
as every road a circling detour
that has a walking hand in hand.

I have met a lot of people and
I have seen so many things
but as I stay on the journey
I realize you are my everything.

Earth has little meaning,
for our hearts and souls are one,
as we have found our place
in the heaves above.

This is our love story,
it was always meant to be,
written in the wind,
soaring high and free.

One day our time will pass
and rivers will run dry
but our love was meant to last
and forever it will be.

Your voice is all I hear,
as I wake from the dream
and find no matter our travels
you are always here with me.

To deny makes me a fool,
as loving you has a magic hold
an embrace that won't let go
and deep inside me grows.

Like a tree deprived of water,
my thirst for you makes me hotter.
Ignited by need and a passionate desire
my soul feels the fire.

You are always in my arms
no matter where and how far.
From the moment I say good night
till I wake to the morning light.

I could go on forever
documenting the falling of a feather,
the joy of that day ,
when an angel found his way.













1 comment:

Margie said...

So beautiful, Rachel.