Pictorial Prose

Pictorial Prose
Indulging my most lucid daydreams

Sunday, July 16, 2017

I Carry Your Love

When I was maybe seven or eight years old, we were moving for the umpteenth time. Looking to take my toys and baby doll my mother looked at me and said " take what you can carry". That bothered me for years and I thought about that as I began to accumulate to many things over the years. What is important and what do we need and what do we really need to carry?

I carry your love wherever I go
and it's here safe in my heart
tucked away so only you and
I will ever know.

I carry your memories
filled with joy and delight
packed away carefully
for the rest of my life.

I carry the happiness,
the happiness we share,
puts a smile on my face
just knowing you cared.

I carry the dreams,
the dreams of you and I,
where I lay in your arms
both day and night.

I carry our friendship
like the gift that it is,
so precious each moment
that I carry deep within.

I carry the connection
that holds you to me,
like the heavens above us
on this unforgettable journey.



No comments: