Pictorial Prose

Pictorial Prose
Indulging my most lucid daydreams

Friday, April 27, 2018

Voice of the Heart

Trying to finish up on some work. I need to remind myself to not overbook. Time goes faster when you need it the most.  But like anything else after packing the car and splitting supplies between the Ramp festival and the Covenant I am taking a break for Brunch.
It might be a case of rainy weather blues or a touch of reality that makes me so emotional at times. The last event I did was filled with people and their personal stories. I find that each story was different and yet the same. The difference in life is how we respond to circumstance.
So I thought I would escape to my place in the clouds via the voice of the heart. Where you are as close as a butterfly to sweet nectar and as far as earth to the heavens. Closing my eyes to dream you in my arms.

It was there in the darkness
a quick touch to my cheek
and I knew I felt your presence
though I am still n disbelief.

Chills went through my body
as I shivered at the thought
that distance was challenged
by some unwritten plot.

I wanted to believe it
I needed it to be so as
the love within my heart
continued to grow.

Empowered by a moment
where a mountain crushed a sea
bridging the distance to bring
your sweet love to me.

Contentment had surfaced
peace from heaven fell,
when in the dark of the night
your warm embrace was felt.

The moment quite special
I sensed it from the first,
when two souls were united
as one upon the earth.


No comments: