Pictorial Prose

Pictorial Prose
Indulging my most lucid daydreams

Saturday, March 11, 2006

If and Just

Opalescent beauty in the depth of the sea ,
clear yet clouded a single pearl I see.

The existence of the courts primaeval indeed
to sit in judgment and a fool to make of me.
Is my walk not fast enough , my reasoning
left unseen , or is it the values of others
that challenge me?
~~~~~
Fancy the skip through fields of dreams
and you can view just where
and what my eyes have seen.
The sorrow imbedded, the smiles that
deny , the memories of yesterday for
which I cannot hide.
~~~~~
If and Just
Looking through another’s eyes “if” weighs heavy in the arena of doubt. If your honest, If you knew, If you released me from the blues.
“Just” is the word of ignorance that slights the emotions of another .. what is easy for one person may not be easy for another. Just run, just stand, just believe. “Just” and “If” both have the connotation of judgment.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My version of If...
If
Looking through out my life If makes many an appearance.
If in youth I had the knowledge an experience that only time can give.
If my choices were of those that I could live.
If I could see tomorrows and build on yesterdays.
If my courage remained strong and through out my life wouldn’t sway.
If those that I entrusted with my life and my dreams
new the impact of their lack of faith.
If I knew the path would smooth the rubble away and lead to the belief a new chance await.
If only I had a crystal ball and I could see How many more times in life I’d fall
If I knew that you were here and you would hold my hand.
If I knew that you believed the words written in the sand.
If I understood the meaning of struggle in a day and why my soul flies restless in the sky’s of gray.
If two letters that span the many years . If I had met you sooner , If you understood If..................

No comments: