Pictorial Prose

Pictorial Prose
Indulging my most lucid daydreams

Thursday, March 23, 2006

Life and Death

Life and Death

I cannot write about death without writing about life. Two experiences, both passages in time. With the death of family and friends touching our lives, I found myself explaining death to my young children. Death as tragic as it seems is a passage of time. We are like the perennial flowers of the garden, we are seeded and nurtured and soon we begin to grow. As time passes we present our gift as a bloom, after years of blooming we set seed and watch in enjoyment as new flowers begin to grow. The young flowers mature and find their place within the garden,while the paternal plant dies back to allow the young plants to meet their full maturity. The rate with which each plant matures varies, as do we. The sorrow that we feel is not in the passing of a love one it is in our loss of new memories of a dear person who has touched our lives. It has been said that as long as one person remembers a person never truly dies, they live on in our memories, the love we feel for them , the stories we tell and the rejoicing of life. The sadness is not in those who have lived a short time on earth, it is in those who have remained on earth for long periods of time and have yet to live, to touch or be touched.
~~~~~

Death is not a end, but a start to a new beginning for in knowing you, I have lived. In touching you I have felt, in holding of your memories I continue to experience love.



To my dear friend the body passes on,
but the spirit forever remains in our hearts.

~~~~~~
Just a little pep talk!

The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness.

No comments: