Pictorial Prose

Pictorial Prose
Indulging my most lucid daydreams

Friday, April 05, 2013

UNDER THE BLANKET

Each year we attended the school picnic at West View Park. It was the local park that the schools on the north side of Pgh attended each year. My grandmother worked in the Bavarian room and would treat us to a dinner each year. All those choices and each year I would eat , get sick and spend a couple ours in grandmothers dressing room recuperating on the little bed.
The roller-coaster was one of the few rides I enjoyed at the amusement park. Even though I have never been a person that took to the park rides. I never liked height, it may be dizzy, didn't like going in circles, made me ill and never liked my feet off the ground, preferred the comfort that comes with a sure thing. Knowing what is around every corner and what choices to make at the crossroads of life seems to require the planting of the mustard seed.
Sometimes we think our situations are unique to us, but I doubt anyone has ever gotten through life with out an illness, losing someone dear to them or having a worry over finances.  Which brings me to my thought that all which separates us is how we respond to the negativity that comes our way.

My Moment of Misery Poem

I don't think the sunshine
can brighten up the day,
I am on a lease of a dark
cloud in the skies of gray.

I'm racing but going nowhere
standing at the crossroads of life,
no matter which way I travel
there is another hill to climb.

~

But since I like to end my thoughts on a positive note ,here is my best shot at thinking positive.

Wipe every tear,
erase the heartbreak,
another day in passing,
we just need a little faith.

Listen closely and you will
hear the words of love have
spoken and from deep within
the heart we will share.

The days are quickly passing,
as trouble they will to and
you'll find we are again
laughing as I hold on to you.

~








 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My partner and I stumbled over here by a different website
and thought I might check things out. I like what I see so now
i'm following you. Look forward to going over your web page for a second time.

my weblog: LED Lighting