Pictorial Prose

Pictorial Prose
Indulging my most lucid daydreams

Tuesday, December 22, 2015

...

I struggle with the pain of your absence,
as the dreams are all I have to hold you here.
My heart trembles at the notion that if I
awake you will suddenly disappear.

Quickly gaze upon the heavens and
you'll see the stars belong to you and I,
no matter how distant they seem,
they bridge your heart and soul to mine.

Longing to feel your embrace and
to be forever lost within your arms,
your energy a powerful delight
that fills my being in the dark
of night.

If the winds should change course
and find its way to your door,
may it brush gentle against your soul
as a reminder of the love between
you and I.

The river cuts through the mountains,
the clouds embrace the sky and I
am trapped in this sweet notion
that you are here by my side.

The darkness dares to distance
and the silence plays with my mind
as I hear the sweet song of love
played on the strings of this heart
of mine.




No comments: