Pictorial Prose

Pictorial Prose
Indulging my most lucid daydreams

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

FRAGILE OR SIMPLY SOFTENED WITH FAITH?

Fragile as a China doll that sits upon the shelf !

I thought about my weakness and strength's that appeared over the years. Determination is based on decisions and there is a time and place for everything. I view life through a varied faucet of crystal ,it constantly morphs depending on the refraction of light. Therefore each interpetation of a situation is unique to the moment of quest that searches to understand.. The difference in which the mind conceives each conflict shakes the inner soul. The old adage "let your conscience be your guide" There were times that a curtain of darkness blackened my choices, a lapse in judgement found me drowning in my own indecisiveness. Frightened as the shadow behind me reminds me of how many times I stumbled rather then stood tall to face off my own demons. In my heart there was no doubt what I felt, how I saw life and the right and wrongs of choice . Challenging the tears that forever drip with sadness , I battle a lifetime of misinterpretation of my own reflection.Was it weak to not flee or was it stronger to hang on to what I knew till I was strenghtened with time.
No perfection in the movement of the rivers quake, the movement of the water dances to the memories of the past. I did not hold to yesterday nor see tomorrow, I was keeping my head above the water. Each semblance of decision as minimal as it seems directed a path that sent detours through life.Circling and circling till a gate opened and I stumbled on my own truth. The lessons of life carried their own burden ,as all is so dependent on the choice of the moment.

The China doll appears fragile but the polished bisque is stronger then one would imagine. Fallen from the shelf it lays shaken a fine hair line crack run along the arm of the weakened bisque. A curtain opens am I holding on to you or are you holding on to m?.The hands of the clock cannot be moved backward nor will the bisque ever be the same but it can be repaired. The choices were not evident nor was Simplicity the title of life.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
There are many things I cannot change and many questions that lay unanswered. I am so sorry I wasn't stronger sooner.

1 comment:

John said...

Don't be sorry as that slows you down, just stand like I know you can, and don't wait to build tomorrow stronger.